The Truth About Social Media That Entrepreneurs Shouldn't Ignore
As entrepreneurs we are often coming up with new ideas daily, but there is something you need to know about social media...it is possibly one of the most effective marketing tools at your disposal, if used correctly.
There are more than one billion active users on Facebook alone, so your customers are right at your finger tips.
So how do entrepreneurs use social media to build their business?
When you're buried under so many other tasks how do you make social a priority? Simple, break it down into what you need to share and what your customers need to hear.
Your social platforms shouldn't be all about you. You should spend more time providing value to your audience then time spent selling your product or service.
Think about it, when you attend a networking event and meet someone new, you don't launch into a sales pitch do you? That would be annoying. Well the same applies to social.
You need to warm up your audience and develop the know, like and trust factor. Only then will they be warm enough to buy from you.
So how do you apply this?
Stop thinking of social media as a chore and instead consider it as a vital part of your marketing plan. Here's some top tips for you:
1. Write a list of you customers pain points and the help they need
2. Create a mixture of content which is appealing to your customer and not just about you
3. When you sit down to work on your social, set a timer so you only focus on the task at hand and don't get lost down the rabbit hole
4. Turn off notifications when you are working on your social media to again avoid distractions
5. Let your personality shine through. Ultimately the people following you will be buying from you (that's the aim) so let them understand who you are and not what you think you need to show to fit in within a niche
Good luck and don't forget to follow on Facebook for more tips and tutorials!